PR, Sources and HARO
Because I write for a variety of sites, I receive a lot of pitches for article ideas, reviews and so on. Because of the sheer volume, I’m not always able to respond to all emails. With that in mind, here are a few guidelines that can help make sure that you’re able to bring a story idea to my attention without wasting your time.
- If you’re responding to a HARO request I’ve posted, please respond through HARO. I do not look at the rest of my email when I’m looking for a specific type of source.
- You’re welcome to note a specific publication that you know I write for, but don’t be surprised if I wind up using material for a different publication. It all comes down to the editorial calendars on different sites.
- Please include the following information when pitching me an article:
- The availability of images
- What time zone any sources you’re pitching are based in
- The availability of any review copies
- It’s rare that I can join in on a pre-scheduled demo or call, due to my schedule.
- I’m always willing to honor concerns about the date information is released, but, depending on the editorial calendar, I may ask for a way to manage an earlier story without causing you trouble. I will not sign an NDA or confidentiality agreement.
Thank you for your consideration in following these guidelines.