Given how much I write about Python, creating a style guide for writing about Python was probably inevitable. With the support of The Recompiler, I’m pleased to present a new supplement for The Responsible Communication Style Guide: The Python Style Supplement. We’re also working on a supplement covering Age.
The Python Style Supplement includes:
- How to write about Python
- Reasons and strategies for avoiding obsolete terms
- Python terms and definitions
- A timeline of Python’s development
- An index of Python enhancement proposals with a special focus on PEP 8 and PEP 20
- An index of Monty Python productions
The ebook is priced at $6 and contains over 100 pages of Python-related goodness.
Since discussions of obsolete terms are showing up again in programming circles, we’ve released Erin Grace’s article on “Reasons and strategies for avoiding obsolete terms” on the RCSG website. Previously included in The Python Style Supplement, we agreed that this article is too important to make available only behind a paywall.